The Pan America Environmental RS Oil Skimmers are a family of slotted pipe skimmer designs for retrofitting oil water separators, Dissolved Air Flotation tanks, API Separators and clarifier tanks to skim floating surface oils, fuels and scum.
- Increased removal of float liquids and scum
- Skimming flow rates from 5 to 500 + GPM
- Construction: 304SS, 316 SS, PVC, CPVC, FRP, coated carbon steel
- Skimmer diameters: 2″, 3″, 4″, 6″, 8″, 10″, 12″, 14″, 16″, 18″, 20″ + custom sizes
- Handwheel with worm gear assemblies & lever adjustment
- Large oil outlet
The pipe skimmer designs are used wherever oils, fuels and scum can come into contact with a wastestream. The RS Skimmers can be used to retrofit existing tanks to increase floating oil removal rates.
How It Works
The RS Skimmer is located at the effluent end of the tank, spanning the tank width. A manual adjustment handwheel is provided to precisely rotate the skimmer pipe until the lower lip of the slotted weir reaches desired adjustment. Oil layer then rises to skim into the skimmer pipe.