The Pan America Environmental API series is a family of API421 based steel, above grade, flat or hopper bottomed gravity oil water separator designs that can be applied to many applications where oils, fuels, crudes, solids and many petroleum derived products are present.
- Proven reliability
- Design follows API 421 criteria for sizing and performance
- Flow rates from 5 to 5000 GPM
- Construction: Coated carbon steel, 304/316 SS, polypropylene/polyethylene
- Many possible integrated options
- Highly customizable design
- Low profile height
The API design is most commonly used wherever crudes, oils, fuels and solids can come into contact with a wastestream and is designed for high solids applications
How It Works
The API provides a prescribed calculated length, width, depth and tank volume to create a particular range of cross-sectional velocity to promote gravity separation based on the flow and the oil’s size and API density. Solids that equal or exceed the oils size and density will also be separated under the same design logic under settling conditions.