Pan America provides standard and custom integrated electrical controls with our treatment systems where options are included or a complete, integrated treatment system design is provided. Our standard electrical provision consists of NEMA 4 designs. We also offer separate control panels for your existing component control needs.
Each order begins with electrical logic design, component selection, internal/external panel layout followed by professionally organized and clean assembly with shop testing prior to installation and wiring on your piece of equipment. Once installed on the treatment equipment we perform functional testing and setup of each device to verify proper operation.
Customization, modifications & options are available to tailor the system to your project.
Nema 12, 4, 4X steel, polymeric & FRP enclosures
IEC, UL, CSA & other listed components, UL 508 panel construction
All wiring meets NFPA79 standards, THHN oil resistant stranded wiring
General purpose, heavy duty and intrinsically safe control relays
Fused and/or circuit breaker supplemental device protection
Programmable AC drives
Class rated: type 4 outdoor environments
EMT, rigid & liquid tight conduit & fittings
Typical Power: 115/230V/1pH/50/60Hz. 208/230/460V/3pH/50/60Hz.
All Panels wired to comply to N.E.C. or C.E. in good practice.
Motor Control Centers, UL845 design standards
Explosion Proof Control Systems: Nema 7 or purge panel
designs for class 1 div 1 or 2 group D environments
PLC based design
UL Construction with UL inspection & Labeling
Model: Master Control Panel (MCP)
Number of model sizes: Per project
Design Specification Summary
– NEMA 1, 3R, 12, 4, 4X steel, stainless, polymeric & FRP, Nema 7 cast aluminum enclosures
– IEC, UL, CSA & other listed components
Panel construction standard:
– UL 508, NFPA, NEC
– 600V or less typically
– Available per quote, not provided by standard
Internal wire control:
– Slotted Wire way
– Local Disconnects with three phase systems, optional with single phase
– All wiring meets NFPA79 standards, THHN oil resistant stranded wiring
– General purpose, heavy duty and intrinsically safe control relays
– Circuit breaker by standard, fusing as required
– Programmable AC drives
– Class rated: type 4 outdoor environments
– EMT, rigid & liquid tight conduit & fittings, explosion proof
– 115/230V/1pH/50/60Hz. 208/230/380/400/415/460V/3pH/50/60Hz.
Wiring complies with:
– All Panels wired to comply to N.E.C. or C.E. in good practice.
Switches, lights, relays:
– Automation Direct by standard, others manufacturers by quote
– IEC by standard, NEMA by quote
Design and layout:
– Custom per project
– Schematics and layout
– UL and NEMA, IEC where quoted
– Eaton, Square D, Rockwell or other
– PLC Micro: Automation Direct Click models hardware & software by standard other manufacturers by quote
– PLC Medium: Automation Direct, DirectLogic models 05 thru 405 hardware & software by standard
other manufacturers by quote
– PLC Large platform: Automation Direct DirectLogic model Productivity 3000 hardware & software by standard other manufacturers by quote
HMI Per project by quote, using AutomationDirect screens
• Full Inspection check-off
• Wire pull tests
• Continuity Testing
• Conformance to Prints/BOM
• Functional Testing as required
• PLC I/O Function Testing
• PAE Certification and Conformance Documentation
Our control systems are provided with all electrically controlled options and treatment systems and have been provided for many types of applications with many configurations and customized designs.
– Feed pump control based on tank levels
– Sludge pump control based on timers or sludge blanket detection
– Oil pump control based on tank levels
– Effluent pump control based on tank levels
– Mixer control, fixed & variable speed
– Chemical metering pump control, on/off & proportional
– pH monitoring and pump controls
– ORP monitoring and pump controls
– Chart recorder interface with instrumentation
– Flow meter output integration and monitoring
– Data collection, logs and reporting
– Level monitoring for water, oil and sludge
– Alarms for high and low level indication
– Temperature monitoring, alarming and operations based on temperature readings
– Freeze protection control using immersion heaters and pipe tracing
– Pressure monitoring and automatic operations based on pressure and also alarms
– Flow diversion with actuated valves based on oil effluent content monitoring
– Timer operations to automate process steps
– PLC automation to control process steps as well as any other system functions replacing relay logic
– Nema 7 explosion proof environment system design
– MCC system designs for any control schemes requiring this design
The system controls are provided to allow manual and automatic operation of the electrical devices in our treatment systems. As each device is provided to fulfill a particular function the controls for any particular device are tailored to its duty and any specific interrelated functions with other devices.
As Pan America custom designs its control systems to serve each application, facility and equipment requirements. All controls are designed to provide years of operation at peak performance giving the maximum number of device operations through oversizing of some components such as contactors and relays to insure a long hardy life.