Groundwater remediation is a popular application type and can contain every type of contaminant known in our industry.
The highlighted groundwater project consists of: zinc, barium, lead, nickel, trivalent chrome, BTEX, VOCs and various solvents from a long term manufacturing plant site. Pan America designed the facility and provided all the treatment equipment and controls while the Owner’s engineers designed the building and all supporting utilities and developed wells and well pumping systems.
The treatment system consists of:
- SPC-42-S-300 clarifier, covered with vapor control
- Duty/standby sludge pump with SPC hopper sludge detection
- Chemical precipitation flocculation with proportional pump controls, cover and vapor control
- Air stripper
- Vapor absorber
- Sludge thickener
- Filter press dewatering system
- Multi-media filter
- ZeoMaxx AC830 activated carbon filter
- MCC with PLC control
Following installation PAE provided startup and training as well as performance analysis of sample analytical testing.